Flooring Installer Business Owners Insurance
A flooring installer business owners policy (BOP) is a cost-effective insurance plan that packages general liability and property insurance together—a perfect choice for a small business. This policy can also be custom-fit for your flooring installer business.
Coverage Under Business Owners Policy For Flooring Installer Businesses
A flooring installer business owners policy has general liability coverage to protect your business from bodily injury, property damage and personal injury lawsuits and the related legal and settlement costs. The BOP also has property insurance coverage for certain kinds of property damage such as:
- Equipment Breakdown – Your flooring installer business requires utilizing various materials and equipment in order to complete flooring installation jobs. If any of these necessary tools become damaged, it can really slow down your operations. This insurance will get your equipment and materials repaired or replaced quickly so your business will not suffer any consequences.
- Buildings and Contents – A natural disaster or fire could cause extensive damage to your storefront or office, making this insurance a necessity. You would want your building structures, office furnishings, flooring materials and supplies repaired or replaced quickly so your business can stay on track.
- Business Interruption – Your business operations could come to a grinding halt if fire or natural disaster strikes. This business interruption insurance coverage pays for any lost business income resulting from the stoppage of your flooring installer business. You will likely have ongoing expenses such as payroll and rent—these types of expenses will also be covered.
- Electronic Data – It could be disastrous if your important electronic data, such as client information and financial records, is lost due to hacking, computer viruses or fire. It can be very expensive and time-consuming to recover or replace this data but with this part of a flooring installer business owners insurance policy, your business is protected. It will cover the cost of recovery and also any lost business income or additional expenses resulting from the interruption of computer operations.
- Newly Acquired or Constructed Buildings – You may have purchased a new building or constructed a building on your premises as part of an expansion plan. With this insurance you have coverage as long as you inform your insurer of the new purchase or construction within 30 days from the date of acquisition.
- Valuable Papers Protection - Hard copies of important documents, such as employee or tax records, are valuable to your business. If these documents become lost or destroyed, it can be a nightmare trying to replace them. With this insurance policy, you will have the help you need to replace these documents and rebuild so that the impact on your business is negligible.
- Employee Dishonesty Coverage - Employees can be extremely valuable assets when it comes to the success of your business but, unfortunately, some employees may prove to be untrustworthy. If an employee is stealing from you, it can take years to discover the theft, resulting in devastating financial loss. This section of a flooring installer business owners insurance policy will make sure you are protected from financial loss caused by any dishonest employees.